Aerobatic Flight Training
Michael Blackstone and his team of aerobatic instructor pilots have been teaching the art of aerobatics in Orange County for over 20 years. They are all very well versed in flying and teaching the intricacies of flying aerobatics in and around the Los Angeles area. The methods they employ are designed to make learning aerobatics easy and fun! They strive to build the confidence of their student incrementally to get them comfortable with handling the aircraft in all phases of flight and in any flight attitude. So, whether you are a pilot with a little or a lot of flying experience, or simply avid aviation enthusiast who has never flown a plane but would like to understand aerobatics better, you have come to the right place!
You will fly our current production, extreme aerobatic aircraft - Pitts S-2C or Extra 300L. Both aircraft types are at the pinnacle of their respective aerobatic competitive worlds, and both are the most current models. We only offer these aircraft because we feel that when you love the aircraft you will perform better in the air flying it.
We can, and usually do, customize our training programs to best suit your individual wants, needs, and experience levels. These incredible aircraft are NOT out of your league. You can and should fly them. You will absolutely love flying either of these planes, as they are every pilot's dream to fly!
The Main Areas We Focus On Are:
- Unusual Attitudes & Upset Recovery Training
- Basic & Advanced Spin Training - All Spin Modes (Upright, Inverted, Flat, & Accelerated)
- Use of proper recovery procedures to enhance your instincts and situational awareness (SA).
Our main goal is to develop your instincts by creating excellent habits that will keep you out of trouble in an emergency. You will not find a finer group of professional, highly experienced, personable and fun group of instructor pilots anywhere in the world to show you the ropes. We look forward to teaching you the art of flying aerobatics and we feel privileged to have the opportunity to inspire you to become a better and safer pilot; no matter what your experience level currently is. So even if you have never flown aerobatics before we will be very patient with you and work with you until you get it.
Available Aerobatic Training Packages Include:
- Pre & Post Flight Ground School Briefings
- Use of Our Nomex Military Flight Suits
- Use of Our HGU-55 Kevlar Fighter Pilot Helmets
- Use of Our "Softie" Emergency Parachutes
- All DVC's and DVD's of Your Aerobatic Lessons. (Recorded from our cockpit state-of-the-art, multi-camera system.)
INTRODUCTION TO AEROBATICS (Save 5%)
Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Flight Time: 1.6 hours (2 x 45 minute flights | 1 hour of aerobatics)
Aircraft: Pitts S-2C | Extra 300L
Experience Includes: 2 Pre-flight Briefings | 2 Flights | 2 Post-flight Briefings | 2 DVDs | 2 Logbook Entries
This program is designed to get you comfortable with unusual attitudes, upset recoveries and basic aerobatics. After receiving a detailed pre-flight briefing on aerobatics and a parachute safety briefing, you will be strapped into one of our world-class stunt planes. After takeoff, you will assume control of the aircraft and transit to our aerobatic training area just off the California coastline.
During transit you will have the opportunity to get used to flying the aircraft and use of the rudder. You will then explore the slow flight characteristics of the aircraft followed by unusual attitudes, upset recoveries and several aerobatic maneuvers, which can include loops, rolls, hammerheads, spins and sustained inverted flight. This is a great first step into the world of flying aerobatics. You will become a more confident and safer pilot having completed this course.
1st Flight - Getting Acquainted with Your Aircraft
- Basic Aircraft Handling, Slow Flight, Unusual Attitudes & Upset Recoveries
- Basic Aileron Rolls, Inside Loops, Hammerheads, Spins & Inverted Flight
2nd Flight - Getting Comfortable with the Manoeuvres
- Intermediate Aircraft Handling, Accelerated Stalls, Unusual Attitudes & Upset Recoveries
- Intermediate Rolls & Loops, Immelmanns, Split-S's, Cuban-8's, Other Spin Recoveries
- $995 Introduction to Aerobatics | Pitts S-2C (2 Flights)
- $1,095 Introduction to Aerobatics | Extra 300L (2 Flights)
STANDARD AEROBATICS TRAINING (Save 10%)
Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
Flight Time: 3.2 hours (4 x 45 minutes in transit | 2 hours of aerobatics)
Aircraft: Pitts S-2C | Extra 300L
Experience Includes: 4 Pre-flight Briefings | 4 Flights | 4 Post-flight Briefings | 4 DVDs | 4 Logbook Entries
This program is designed to get you proficient with unusual attitudes, upset recoveries and basic aerobatics. After receiving a detailed pre-flight briefing on aerobatics and a parachute safety briefing, you will be strapped into one of our world-class stunt planes. After takeoff, you will assume control of the aircraft and transit to our aerobatic training area just off the California coastline. During the climb out you have the opportunity to get used to flying the aircraft and coordinating the use of the rudder.
You will then fly the aircraft in slow flight to feel its unique stall characteristics. You will then perform unusual attitudes, upset recoveries and several aerobatic maneuvers, which can include loops, rolls, hammerheads, spins and sustained inverted flight. Then you will be given the time necessary to master each maneuver as you gain the confidence and skills needed to get yourself out of all unusual attitudes and upsets. This course is much longer giving you twice the flight time and briefing material making it much more comprehensive than the Intro to Aerobatics package. This program will build confidence, improve your instincts and sharpen your reactions. Our goal here is to help you become a better and safer pilot, no matter what you are currently flying.
3rd Flight - Getting Proficient with the Maneuvers
- Advanced Aircraft Handling, Unusual Attitudes, & Upset Recoveries & Inadvertent Spin Recoveries
- Advanced Rolls and Loops : Slow Rolls, Knife Edge, Inverted Flight & Turns, Saw Tooths, Humpty Bumps, etc.
4th Flight - Perfecting Your Technique & Have Some Fun!
- Fly all of the maneuvers learned thus far and assemble them into a fun free style sequence.
- Refine your skills and learn to use energy management as you fly one maneuver into the next.
- $1,890 Standard Aerobatic Training | Pitts S-2C (4 Flights)
- $2,030 Standard Aerobatic Training | Extra 300L (4 Flights)
ADVANCED AEROBATICS TRAINING (Save 15%)
Total Time: 8 hours 0 minutes
Flight Time: 4.8 hours (6 x 45 Minute Flights | 3 hours of Aerobatics)
Aircraft: Pitts S-2C | Extra 300L
Experience Includes: 6 Pre-flight Briefings | 6 Flights | 6 Post-flight Briefings | 6 DVDs | 6 Logbook Entries
This program is designed to help you master unusual attitudes, upset recoveries, basic and intermediate or advanced aerobatics. After receiving a detailed pre-flight briefing on aerobatics and a parachute safety briefing, you will be strapped into one of our world-class stunt planes. Depending on your experience we may allow you to make the takeoff and transit to our aerobatic training area just off the California coastline.
You will then be trained to recover from unusual attitudes, upset recoveries and be taught how to execute many basic and intermediated aerobatic maneuvers, which can include loops, rolls, hammerheads, spins and sustained inverted flight, sawtooth, humpty bumps, flat spins and point rolls. Then you will be given the time necessary to master each maneuver as you gain the confidence and stick and rudder skills you will need to get yourself out of all unusual attitudes, upsets, and all types of spins both upright and inverted. This course is more comprehensive than the Standard Aerobatics profile helping you to become a better, safer pilot and the best aerobatic pilot you can be in any aircraft while teaching you the art of what it takes to fly a world-class aerobatic aircraft.
5th Flight - Create & Fly A Competition Sequence
- Learn how to assemble maneuvers into an aerobatic sequence.
- Fly each maneuver exactly as depicted on an Aresti Diagram.
6th Flight - Perfect Your Sequence & Master Your Aircraft
- Experience and solid practice with a constructive professional makes learning aerobatics much easier, way more rewarding and fun!
- Come fly with us as many times as you like and fly at very affordable and competitive rates. You won't find better aircraft or pilots anywhere else.